Friday, August 29, 2008

Childhood Joys that Never Leave

I feel like I am five again. Okay, maybe a little older, but a kid nonetheless. I remember being a kid, playing with my Barbies in my closet underneath the stairs. I loved to play with Barbies. I would spend hours in my little closet, lost in my land of imagination. It was my world and it was amazing. Occasionally, I would become restless for a change of scenery. (I guess my sense of adventure kicked in at an early age?) Anyways, one of my favorite things to do when I was little was to pack, into my little baby blue Barbie convertible, my favorite Barbies at the time. I would bring along all of their necessary clothes, belongings and children. Together, we would then leave the safety and comfort of our closet underneath the stairs and explore foreign areas of the house, camping occasionally along the way when we grew weary from traveling. I loved the idea of being able to pack everything that mattered most into the car and traveling anywhere, at anytime. Occasionally, we would opt to leave the baby blue convertible at home and travel by horseback. Those trips were my favorite.



I started to have this same sensation again this week. Only instead of packing my Barbie's belongings, I am packing my own. Since I found out that I will be moving to an island I have been downsizing my material goods drastically. I love it. I feel like I can now pack all of my favorite things into my car and explore again. Well, I kind of explored the roads of North America already......a couple times......I will save those stories for a later date, when I need to reminisce because I am homesick on the beach. (If that is possible!?!)

In conclusion, I guess we should all play with Barbies? Barbie leads to peace? hmmm....

1 comment:

ringo said...

You are ILL child!!!!